8.26.2007

mi gusta some stately oaks and broad magnolias




tomorrow i return to dear old LSU. its been a really amazing summer. i think i grew alot, learned a good bit. I got to go to Los Angeles, summer camp, the beach with the fam, camping in the Bighorn mountains, New Orleans a bunch, and hang out with my pretty splendid friends quite a bit. I savor the relationships i gained and grew in this summer. I have to. But, lately a lot has changed. People have moved or things are different.
I feel like im on the edge of something new with God. He has something fresh and big in store for me this year. It might require some growth pains, but im ready and willing. I don't deal well with change, but i acknowledge its part of life and growth.

Im ready for this next year and everything He has in store. I want to grow so deep and close in my relationship with Him, that im solely dependent upon Him. So, no matter where He calls me, I'll be ready. (thats a whole other post. . .study abroad?)

Tomorrow i'll roll up in the halls of LSU, and i pray that this year God would equip me with a boldness to reach out to those around me. To have a heart burdened for the students and compassion to take action.

Im excited about school, my schedule is pretty dandy. Notice the superb LACK OF MATH and science. yes, im done with math forever and ever. LET US DANCE.

SO, here it is-
English 2270- American Lit.
Swahili 2003- . . .Swahili
Geography 2050- atmospheric geography. i have no idea what this entails. but it counts as a science
Theater 1020- pshh not an acting class. just art credit.
History 1007- world history. . .apparently its kind of boring. But its the last pre-req i have before i get to start taking my Intl Studies classes, so im pretty pumped.

not bad. WIth that and Elevate i should keep pretty busy. I can see a nice load of reading in my future, which i tend to procrastinate. ouch.
To all you other "tigers" (I hate refering to students by their mascot) good luck tomorrow.

let the games begin!

4 comments:

Paula said...

good luck leah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awe! Your going to do great. and you are such a Light already, it will just shine.

"Life shrinks or expands at the amount of one's courage"....

we need some expanding, heh?

Your awesome Leah, keep shining!

Anonymous said...

You're going to have an amazing year. You need to start blogging in Swahili, though... :] I'm way impressed that you're doing Elevate too -- you're my hero(ine).

Anonymous said...

leah!! i took the theater class you are talking about...loved it! we got to go see plays all year. you'll love it. and im so glad you're in elevate...get ready to be changed! your blog is similar to the one i wrote the other day, "in limbo" so go check it out! love ya!

 
Clicky Web Analytics