9.30.2007

don't trust burt bacharach

im just sitting here jamming out to some good ole' burt bacharach and i had an epiphany. . .

my compadre, that talented old crooner is a hypocrite! yes.
In one song, "What the World Needs Now" he says, "What the world needs now,
Is love, sweet love,
It's the only thing that there's just too little of."

okay. and so then, in "I'll Never Fall in Love" he ventures to say,
"Don't tell me what is all about,
'Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out,
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you
What do you get when you fall in love?
You get enough tears to fill an ocean
That's what you get for your devotion.
I'll never fall in love again."

ouch, burt. ouch.
thats quite distant from what the whole world needs, i'd say.
basically, don't take what my pal burt says seriously.
he is a little wishy-washy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“The only place outside of heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is hell. If you want to impress people, show them your success. If you want to influence people show them your dream. If you want to impact people, show them your heart.” – CS Lewis

I thought of this....

sortof fitting, huh?

Anonymous said...

And I left you a comment on your fav things.
:)

 
Clicky Web Analytics