6.22.2007

in a dry and weary land where there is no water. . .




. . . get submerged?
so, SUBMERGE is coming up realllll soon. in fact the first group of people left this morning. Im heading out Sunday with pathfinders, which is going to be awesome! i get a chance to hang out with some snazzy 6th grade girls for a few days, and then refuge is heading down wedesday and OF COURSE i'll be staying for that too. Im really pumped about camp this year- i know its going to be good. it always is. But what is so amazing to me is to see how much its GROWN.

My first Refuge camp was in 2003 to LA College in Pineville with Jason Upton. That was when i started to become comfortable with church, i think it was the first time i lifted my hands during worship. i begin to understand God on a level seperate from the religion i had been raised in. It was amazing. Camp is such a defining moment in peoples' lives. Who knows where i would be now if my parents hadn't forced me on that bus, my mom made me talk to lauren best, and then they forced me to refuge every wednesday. how crazy is that? And to see how each year the camp has grown bigger and bigger- to the point where this year we have over 1000 kids registered?! WHOA. i love it.

I have to give a shout out to one of my favorite people in the world -->tori. She is amazing and always willing to serve and has helped me SO much with getting things together for Deal or No Deal(more on that post-camp). She hops in my car and runs errands with me, and keeps me in check while placing stickers on lunch boxes. could i ask for a better friend? i think not.

This is for you Tori. . . .



and, yes. she is just THAT popular. dodging paparazzi.

catch ya in a week after my face is rocked off by the Holy Ghost. everybody who's anybody is gonna be there- WAHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! WHAT NOW? How come God is soo awesome? Srsly?

 
Clicky Web Analytics