11.15.2007

NITAKUJA!

just thought I'd let everyone know that if you are looking for me this summer. . .you might have a travel a little far. you know, just right over there in. . . TANZANIA. Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania to be exact

yup. that is right, my friends. it is looking like i shall be spending my summer right here:



AHHHHHHHHHH.

as many of you know, i go to LSU. duh. and i study swahili as my language. Well LSU has a study abroad program to theUniversity of Dar Es Salaam where i will be able to go and spend 6 weeks- finishing my last level of swahili and then taking an International Studies course focused on swahili culture and such. I'll be able to get 8 hours credit, so its a pretty nifty deal. PLUS. . .ill be THERE learning the language WITH THE PEOPLE. oh my dreams.
We spend 2 weeks in a resort on the coast- beach on the Indian Ocean. indeed.
then, 4 weeks in a HOST FAMILY. ahhh, living with PEOPLE. SWAHILI PEOPLE.
like this guy:
(my friend who went last summer took this picture. im pretty sure this snazzy old man and i could be friends)

im so pumped about this, its hard to contain myself.
its not definite yet. i have a hard time talking about things that aren't definite because im scared that if it doesnt work out then i look silly. But i truely believe that this is what God has for me this summer. Its the oppurtunity of a lifetime and i dont want to pass it up.

Now, just need to figure out delightful financial details, which is pretty much the major thing.
my parents are accepting it. its all good. i plan on spendng alot more time than this overseas, so they should probably just go ahead and get used to it.

well, thats my current adventure. if you think about it, please just pray that God would guide me and open up doors financially if this is His will!

NITAKUJA TANZANIA KUHIBIRI NJILI, KUSOMA KISWAHILI, NA KUPENDA WATU WENGI!!
it really doesnt get any better

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that's SO wicked! I'm so excited for you, Leah! My line manager for Youth For Christ (boss) Kate was born in Tanzania (but spent most of her life in Bristol, England) and then spent a year there before university. She had an incredible experience... I know you will, too!! x

Stefanie said...

ahhh! sounds so awesome and dont worry if god wants it to happen the money situation should be a breeze :] if its his will it will happen so i have a feeling you will be in Tanzania in no time!

Anonymous said...

Everyone is going away or somethiing exciting is happening to them next summer. Manid will be in China, Gennie may possibly be in England, you will be in Tanzania, Amanda is getting married, Heather is getting married. What else? I don't know but something awesome better happen to me cuz its my first and only summer without school!!!

Anyway I am stoked for you leah!

Carole Turner said...

I am so excited for you! What an amazing opprotunity!

Caleb Brown said...

So... do they have mini-vans in Dar Es Salaam?

Sounds cool.

Jamie said...

YAAAAAAAEHIAKLSFDALKH!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT ISSSSSS SOOOOO AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!! I'm jealous, but not the kind which stores up bitterness, but the kind that's happy for you, and just can't wait till I get to go!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

naughty...!?!

 
Clicky Web Analytics